- Data Recovery Software Mac Os
- Hard Disk Data Recovery Software Mac Free
- External Hard Disk Data Recovery
- Hard Disk Data Recovery Software Mac Version
Jul 05, 2021 • Filed to: Solve Mac Problems • Proven solutions
There is no doubt that Mac is one of the most robust computing devices on the planet. Despite that, there will be times when you may lose your data on Mac due to any reason, such as:
Free Disk Drill can scan and recover data from virtually any storage device — including internal Macintosh hard drives, external hard drives, cameras, iPhones, iPads, iPods, Android devices, USB flash drives, Kindles, and memory cards. In many cases, Disk Drill can read your device even if it is failing, unreadable, or has lost a partition. Free Disk Drill can scan and recover data from virtually any storage device — including internal Macintosh hard drives, external hard drives, cameras, iPhones, iPads, iPods, Android devices, USB flash drives, Kindles, and memory cards. In many cases, Disk Drill can read your device even if it is failing, unreadable, or has lost a partition.
- Accidental or unintentional deletion of an important file;
- Formatting hard disk partitions;
- Interrupted copy-paste operations;
- Closing Mac account without saving data;
These are just a few of the many reasons as to why you may need a data recovery software for Mac OS X. Let us now move on to the top 5 data recovery software for Mac OS X in the market.
1. Recoverit for Mac
When it comes to a professional data recovery software for Mac OS X, then Recoverit for Mac is one of the best in the market. With a simplistic interface, a high degree of functionality and stellar customer support, it is one of the top choices of most of the Mac users.
- It recognizes over 1000 different file types.
- Recoverit can be used to find various deleted, lost, formatted, or corrupted data from Mac partitions, hard drives, or the trash bin due to a range of reasons on your Mac.
- The Wizard Recovery Mode guides users along with the entire process, which is great for the novice of data recovery software.
- It lets you preview files before recovery.
- Allows you to rescue data from Macbook, iPod, Mac desktop, USB drives, digital cameras, mobile phones, and other storage media.
- Recoverit only reads and recovers data without leaking or modifying them, 100% safe.
- It has a simple and highly functional UI.
- It supports almost every major file-type.
- Files can be recovered with all their original file names and structures.
- Scanning large drives take up a lot of time.
- Options like Raw File Recovery may be hard for beginners to understand and use.
2. Disk Drill for Mac
Another great data recovery software for Mac OS X is Disk Drill. It works seamlessly with OS X and offers you a range of features to make the recovery of deleted or lost files and even complete partitions an easy process on your Mac PCs.
- It can recover data from Mac's internal hard drive, external memory devices, and even phones & cameras.
- It is not just a data recovery tool, but can also be used to protect and maintain your hard drive with a range of other functionalities.
- Disk Drill data recovery software for Mac supports almost all major file formats.
- You can save a particular session of the Disk Drill data recovery process and resume it later as per your convenience.
- It is easy for beginners, and they just need to go through the steps once to understand the process.
- It lets users preview files before they are recovered.
- Disk Drill offers a range of functions to ease recovery and prevent such situations in the future.
- Scanning the hard drive in Disk Drill takes a long time, even for drives that are not very large.
- The interface is far too complicated and cluttered for a novice user.
3. Tenorshare Any Data Recovery
Tenorshare Any Data Recovery software for Mac is a versatile and effective way to get back your lost files on Mac. You can use Tenorshare to get back your data not just from your Mac, but also any hard drive, memory card, camera, or storage device that is connected to it.
- It supports not just media and email files, but also archives, documents, and a lot more.
- You can recover specific files as per your criteria.
- Any files that you recover can be previewed and checked before going ahead with the entire process.
- With Tenorshare Any Data Recovery, you can filter search results to find the desired files as quickly as possible.
- Unlike other Mac data recovery software, it lets you specify the criteria before searching to increase the scanning time.
- Tenorshare supports almost all major file types and formats.
- Using it is not as simple, especially for beginners.
- Making use of its advanced features will require some special knowledge.
4. Data Rescue 4
Data Rescue 4 is one of the most trusted data recovery software for Mac OS X in the market. With great customer reviews, recommendations from some popular blogs, and a wide range of features, Data Rescue 4 is another option that you can consider if you want to recover lost files from Mac quickly and without too much trouble.
- It can recover data from hard drives that have corrupted, crashed, or do not mount anymore.
- Any files lost due to deleted Operating Systems, formatting, or damaged file systems can be found using it.
- Data Rescue 4 works great with Mac OS X 10.7.5 and later versions.
- Apart from recovering data, it can also be used to make the Mac hard drive more efficient.
- It ensures maximum chances of recovery no matter how the files were lost or deleted.
- It can recover the entire drive or specific parts of it as per your requirement.
- HFS/HFS+ formatted drive recovery can be done through it.
- It is a little complicated for beginners.
- There are different licenses that you need to purchase depending on how much data you are going to recover.
5. Do Your Data Recovery for Mac Free
Do Your Data Recovery for Mac free is another popular data recovery software for Mac OS X that has a large user base, primarily because of its user-friendly interface as well as the efficiency of the recovery algorithms that it employs. While it may be tough to state as the best Mac data recovery software, this is one that you must check out before making a choice.
- Data can be recovered from Mac's internal hard disk, any external memory devices or cameras that are connected to Mac;
- Lifetime technical support is given to all customers;
- This data recovery software for Mac is available for both personal and business users;
- It can recover data that has been deleted, formatted, or inaccessible.
- Any pictures, documents, or files that you are trying to recover can be previewed before recovery.
- It supports all major file formats and extensions.
- The recovery process is not guaranteed, and it may not be able to find certain files.
- There is a limit to the data that you can recover with it.
These are some of the best data recovery software for Mac OS X that you can consider. While these all may appear to be great options, you should only go for Recoverit Mac data recovery software that provides you with the requisite support, is trusted by consumers, and has the features that you need to get back your files on Mac.
What's Wrong with Mac
- Recover Your Mac
- Fix Your Mac
- Delete Your Mac
- Learn Mac Hacks
At times, data stored in Mac’s internal or external hard drive gets corrupted or faces a logical damage. To get rid of such issues, you need to take help from professional Mac disk repair software. In this blog, we have made an earnest attempt to list the top disk repair software for Mac users.
Table of Contents
- Free Mac Hard Drive Repair Software
- Paid Mac Hard Drive Repair Software
A hard drive tends to fail due to usage, aging, and physical or logical damage. In case of logical damage to the hard drive, a Mac hard drive recovery software can help you retrieve your inaccessible data. But if the damage is physical, such as the presence of bad sectors or blocks, you need to use some advanced disk management methods to fix the issue from the storage drive. The following section describes free Mac hard drive repair software that can help you resolve hard-drive issues.
Free Mac Hard Drive Repair Software
A. Disk Utility
You might have used the Disk Utility functionality of Mac to diagnose and resolve problems encountered in your Mac hard drive. Disk Utility is a built-in macOS diagnostic tool to eliminate fundamental issues such as directory structure damage, file system permission problem, and so forth.
Data Recovery Software Mac Os
To repair Mac hard drive through Disk Utility, navigate to Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility. Or else, press Command + Space Bar to open Spotlight, type disk utility, and select it to launch the application. From the Disk Utility window, choose the hard drive (other than the startup drive), then click First Aid. Click Run to initiate the drive fixing. But if you require to fix the startup disk, restart your Mac and immediately press and hold Command + R keys. Release when the Apple logo appears. In the macOS Utilities window, select Disk Utility, then click Continue. Select the Startup disk from the sidebar, then click First Aid. Click Run to begin the startup drive repair process.
Besides Disk Utility, Single User mode can also help you perform Mac hard disk repair on your iMac, Mac mini, or MacBook. macOS Mojave or later operating systems don’t have this mode enabled. Even when your Mac has a firmware password, this mode won’t load. For the rest, to open this boot mode, start your Mac, then immediately press and hold Command + S hotkey, release when some white character appears on a black screen. Single User Mode shows a UNIX-style command-line interface that can help fix startup disk issues. In the command prompt, type /sbin/fsck – fy, then press Return to run the file-system-consistency-check command. If the startup disk is healthy, the message “The Volume (name) appears to be OK” is displayed. Restart Mac usually; if a message “File System Was Modified” appears, rerun the fsck command till the OK message is displayed. Restart Mac normally.
Disk Utility and FSCK command lack comprehensive storage drive management features, repair functionality, and other advanced diagnostic & tech tools that are essential for you to run Mac smoothly. So, use a free third-party tool to augment advanced utilities catering to repair, diagnosis, and drive management. The following section shares such a free Mac hard drive repair software.
OnyX is a personalization, optimization, and maintenance utility for Mac OS X. The software has advanced features to execute system maintenance, run storage drive diagnostics, configure system hidden features, and delete caches. Its repair utility helps you to repair hard disk drives for errors and inaccessibility. The software is excellent for keeping your Mac so that it functions without any glitch.
Paid Mac Hard Drive Repair Software
A. Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Mac
It is one of Mac’s best hard drive recovery software that recovers corrupt Mac hard disk data. Also, the software recovers lost APFS partitions, external hard disks, SSDs, Time Machine, password-enabled drive, and Fusion drives. The latest version of the software creates a recovery drive and performs file recovery from non-booting Mac systems.
Leverage this Mac Professional data recovery tool if the storage disk drive has logical corruption and the external drive is unmounted or not showing up on Mac. Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Mac scans the Mac storage disk drive to recover permanently deleted files as well.
You can connect an external hard drive and perform formatted recovery, partition recovery and restore lost data conveniently. The software has a built-in Drive Monitoring utility that monitors your start-up drive’s health and S.M.A.R.T. status. With the Professional version, you can run a Quick Scan to find out the bad blocks on Mac’s storage disk. The following section shares how to repair Mac hard drive and how data recovery works.
How does it work?
The working process of the software is relatively easy and intuitive. Free download the tool now:
Select: All you need to do is select the type of file you wish to recover, click Next, then select the storage drive from where you want to retrieve files.
Scan: Specify a type of scan — Quick or Deep Scan — then click the Scan button to initiate the scanning process. The software shows a dynamic scan-preview.
Recover: Once the hard drive scanning is over, preview and select all the required files, then click Recover. Click Browse, specify a distinct drive location, then click Save.
Wait till the recovery is over. That’s it. You’ve successfully recovered data from your Mac hard drive in 3-quick steps.
DiskWarrior is a useful disk repair utility for Mac with quite a different repairing functionality, unlike other disk repair tools. The software creates replacement data based on the original data instead of rebuilding damaged data. Subsequently, the software ensures there is no inaccuracy in creating the new data structure from the original one. The software can also be used as a preventive maintenance utility for Mac storage devices. When you execute the software, it rebuilds and optimizes the directory, thereby removing any data structure damage and improving drive performance.
Hard Disk Data Recovery Software Mac Free
C. Drive Genius
Drive Genius is a beneficial disk utility tool for your Macintosh computer. The tool can be used to repair a hard disk drive even if your Mac does not boot; a supplementary bootable DVD comes in handy to boot your computer from it and launch the tool. Some of the essential features of the tool include directory repair, repartitioning, cloning, surface scanning, defragmenting, executing bench tests, performing integrity checks, and above all, shredding data (which is generally not a consolidated feature of a repair utility).
D. TechTool Protogo
It is quite an excellent holistic Mac utility that is laden with advanced features. The volume rebuild tool examines, rebuilds, and repairs corrupted directories of hard drives. The utility can help you create a bootable Mac repair toolbox on your flash drive or external hard disk drive, which can be used when your Mac does not boot. The software can be used to run diagnostics, repair and recover data, optimize the hard disk drive’s performance, defragment the drive, and delete data securely.
Now you know that the built-in Disk Utility tool of your Mac and FSCK command in single-user mode isn’t sufficient to meet your advanced troubleshooting needs. Functionality beyond these free native repair tools is a must to get your Mac up and running.
External Hard Disk Data Recovery
The top five Mac disk repair software presented in this blog can be used to perform hard disk bad block repair and fix hard disk drive for errors, inaccessibility, or system corruption. These five software are either free or can be availed as a trial. So, download the trial version of any repair software to recover your hard disk drive.
Hard Disk Data Recovery Software Mac Version
And above all, do not forget to give Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Mac a considerate try, as its latest release excels in disk repair capability, appealing GUI, advanced features, and excellent technical support. Also, the software has a price advantage over other disk repair utilities. The tool is 100% safe & secure and has a 30-day money-back guarantee, in case you are not satisfied.