Android-x86 Project - Run Android on Your PC
This is a project to port Android open source project to x86 platform, formerly known as 'patch hosting for android x86 support'. The original plan is to host different patches for android x86 support from open source community. A few months after we created the project, we found out that we could do much more than just hosting patches. So we decide to create our code base to provide support on different x86 platforms, and set up a git server to host it.
This is an open source project licensed under Apache Public License 2.0. Some components are licensed under GNU General Public License (GPL) 2.0 or later. If you think we did something great, consider making a donation.
Download Root explorer 4.4.2. Install it on your device. If you are downloading on PC transfer to your android device first. In your android device, you should enable installations from unknown sources. Then tap to open it. Go to the data folder. Then again navigate to the next data folder. Now, find the folder for your game that you want to hack.
See what we are doing now...
- 2019-01-15: The Android-x86 8.1-r1 released (the first stable release of oreo-x86).
- 2018-10-18: The Android-x86 8.1-rc2 released (the second release candidate of oreo-x86).
- 2018-09-28: Mauro Rossi talks about Android-x86 status update and graphics stack evolution in XDC2018.
- 2018-06-18: The Android-x86 8.1-rc1 released (the first release candidate of oreo-x86).
- 2018-05-03: The cm-x86-14.1-r2 is released (the second stable release of cm-14.1-x86).
- 2018-05-02: The Android-x86 7.1-r2 released (the second stable release of nougat-x86).
- 2018-02-14: The cm-x86-14.1-r1 is released (the first stable release of cm-14.1-x86).
- 2018-02-06: The Android-x86 7.1-r1 released (the first stable release of nougat-x86).
- 2017-11-15: The cm-x86-14.1-rc1 is released (the first release candidate of cm-14.1-x86).
- 2017-10-10: The Android-x86 7.1-rc2 released (the second release candidate of nougat-x86).
- 2017-09-10: The oreo-x86 branch is ready for developers.
- 2017-06-08: The Android-x86 7.1-rc1 released (the first release candidate of nougat-x86).
- 2017-04-24: The Android-x86 6.0-r3 released (the third stable release of marshmallow-x86).
- 2017-01-17: The cm-x86-13.0-r1 is released (the first stable release of cm-13.0-x86).
- 2017-01-13: The Android-x86 6.0-r2 released (the second stable release of marshmallow-x86).
- 2016-10-12: Remix OS for PC version: 3.0.206 is available for download.
- 2016-10-04: The git hosting is moved to OSDN.
- 2016-09-30: The cm-x86-13.0-rc1 is released (the first release candidate of cm-13.0-x86).
- 2016-09-13: The Android-x86 6.0-r1 released (the first stable release of marshmallow-x86).
- 2016-08-26: The nougat-x86 branch is ready for developers.
- 2016-08-24: Google released the source code of Android 7.0 (Nougat).
- 2016-08-17: Remix OS for PC - Android M rc2 (version: 3.0.201) on Android-x86 project is available for download.
- 2016-08-15: The Android-x86 6.0-rc2 released (the second release candidate of marshmallow-x86).
- 2016-08-11: The Android-x86 Analytics Program is launched.
- 2016-07-26: Remix OS for PC - Android M Version on Android-x86 project is available for download.
- 2016-07-06: Remix OS for PC - Latest version built (version: 2.0.402) on Android-x86 project is available for download.
- 2016-06-08: The Android-x86 6.0-rc1 released (the first release candidate of marshmallow-x86).
- 2016-04-23: OSDN offers a download page for Android-x86.
- 2016-03-02: Remix OS for PC - Beta version built on Android-x86 project is available for download.
- 2016-02-06: The Android-x86 4.4-r5 released (the fifth stable release of kitkat-x86).
- 2016-02-05: FossHub offers a download page for Android-x86.
- 2016-01-29: An updated test image of marshmallow-x86 is available to download.
- 2016-01-27: The kernel-4.4 branch is pushed to the git server.
- 2016-01-23: The Android-x86 4.4-r4 released (the fourth stable release of kitkat-x86).
- 2016-01-13: Remix OS for PC (Alpha version) built on Android-x86 project is available for download.
- 2016-01-07: The marshmallow-x86 branch is updated to Android 6.0.1_r10 release (Marshmallow-MR1).
- 2015-12-25: The marshmallow-x86 branch is updated to Android 6.0.1_r3 release (Marshmallow-MR1).
- 2015-12-12: The 'Console OS' is a scam which makes use of Android-x86 now. Please help to stop it.
- 2015-12-02: A test image of marshmallow-x86 is available to download.
- 2015-11-28: Android-x86.org gives a talk at OS2ATC 2015.
- 2015-10-13: The official git server is moved to SourceForge.
- 2015-10-10: The marshmallow-x86 branch is ready for developers.
- 2015-10-07: The Android-x86 5.1-rc1 released (the first release candidate of lollipop-x86).
- 2015-10-06: Google released the source code of Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
- 2015-07-17: The Android-x86 4.4-r3 released (the third stable release of kitkat-x86).
- 2015-04-14: The new kernel branch android-4.0 based on vanilla kernel 4.0 is ready for testing.
- 2015-04-07: The git server git.android-x86.org is back.
- 2015-03-31: The git server was down. We are sorry for it.
- 2015-03-18: The lollipop-x86 branch is updated to Android 5.1.0_r1 release (Lollipop-MR1).
- 2015-01-01: The Android-x86 4.4-r2 released (the second stable release of kitkat-x86).
- 2014-12-25: The new kernel branch android-3.18 is available in the git server for testing.
- 2014-11-06: The lollipop-x86 branch is ready for developers.
- 2014-11-04: Google released the source code of Android 5.0 (Lollipop).
- 2014-09-14: An image for ASUS Transformer Book T100TA is released for testing.
- 2014-08-28: The kitkat-x86 branch is updated to Android 4.4.4_r2 release (Kitkat-MR2.2).
- 2014-08-08: The Android-x86 4.4-r1 released (kitkat-x86).
- 2014-07-31: The installer now supports read-write mode installation on ntfs and vfat.
- 2014-05-20: The Android-x86 4.4-RC2 released (kitkat-x86).
- 2014-04-18: Add ntfs/exfat/ext4 support to vold.
- 2014-02-14: The Android-x86 4.4-RC1 released (kitkat-x86).
- 2013-12-17: The kitkat-x86 branch is updated to Android 4.4.2 release (kitkat-mr1).
- 2013-12-10: The kitkat-x86 branch is updated to Android 4.4.1 release.
- 2013-11-04: The kitkat-x86 branch is ready in git.android-x86.org. It's in early stage and buggy. Call for developers.
- 2013-11-01: Google announced Android 4.4, the KitKat release.
- 2013-07-25: Test build 20130725 of jb-x86 based on Android 4.3 is ready for downloading.
- 2013-07-24: Google announced Android 4.3. The source code is released.
- 2013-06-23: Android-x86 4.0-r1 is released.
- 2013-06-08: Joe Spencer created a supported device list.
- 2013-02-28: A new test build of jb-x86 is available for downloading.
- 2013-01-16: The jb-x86 source tree is ready for downloading.
- 2013-01-02: Android-x86 at Google code is unbanned. Thanks to everyone who help this.
Older news ...
To provide complete solution for Android on Eee PC platforms first and then to provide solutions for common x86 platforms as well.
|Surf the Internet||Play Video|
|View Photos||Wifi Status|
More screenshots can be found here.
The tests are done by the project members and others from android-porting group.
- ASUS Eee PCs/Laptops
- Viewsonic Viewpad 10
- Dell Inspiron Mini Duo
- Samsung Q1U
- Viliv S5
- Lenovo ThinkPad x61 Tablet
Https Lucky Patcher Download
Most of the models can run the native resolutions via i915 driver. Thanks to the kernel mode setting (kms) feature introduced since kernel 2.6.29.The following features are available in the latest release (get it).
- Kernel 4.9, KMS enable
- Wifi support with GUI
- Better disk installer
- Power Suspend/resume (S3 mode)
- Battery Status
- Software mouse cursor
- Mouse wheel
- Support netbook native resolution
- Audio (ALSA)
- V4l2 Camera support
- Mirror mode on external monitors
- External storage auto mount support
- Support external keyboard
- Debug mode with busybox
We provides a complete, compilable and workable source tree. Read GetSourceCode for how to use it.
You can also browse the code online.
What we are working on now
- Android 9.0 (Pie) porting (pie-x86 branch)
- Upgrade kernel to 4.19
- OpenGL ES hardware acceleration for intel/radeon/nvidia/amdgpu (pstglia, mauro) and virgl(robh) GPUs.
- HDMI audio (cwhuang)
- LineageOS integration (jjm)
- Hardware accelerated codecs
To do list
- Multiple displays support
- Better power management
Join usIf you are interesting in running Android on PC or netbook, consider to join us. See how to contact us.
How To Download Lucky Patcher
Lucky Patcher App Download
- Sponsored by Onlinecasino24.org.
- Sponsored by Allvideoslots.com.
- Thanks to www.newcasinosonline.co for contributing for our website.
- Sponsored by GoWin - PayPal Casinos and Presented by Slotsify - Alla Casinon i Sverige.
- Thanks to casinobonuses.com - The best way to compare casino bonuses.
- A big thank you to Ready Slots Go for contributing to this page.
- Sponsored by KingCasinoBonus.co.uk – mobile casino reviewer.
- Sponsored by Terrarium tv.
- Sponsored by SlotsAdviser.com - the #1 online slots portal in the UK and an Android mobile casinos fan.
- Thanks to Coffee Corner for buying us a drip coffee maker.
- Sponsored by the best bookmaker in the world, bet365 and by newfreespinscasino.com which offers an unique bitcoin casino list.
- Sponsored by StickerYou.com, manufacturers of quality Custom Stickers and Custom Labels.
- Sponsored by Showbox and Customer Service Number
- Acuity Training for various technical advice.
- Sponsored by 9APPS APK DOWNLOAD & Android Apps Free Download.
- Sponsored by TutuApp.
- Sponsored by Lucky Patcher Apk & Freedom Apk.
- Sponsored by Lucky Patcher and Microsoft Support.
- Supported by Official ShowBox Website, ShowBox APK and FaceTime for PC.
- Sponsored by ShowBox for Android & ShowBox APK file.
- Sebastian Albrecht from Vancouver special, Lorne Marr, Toronto Realtor Elli Davis, and Chantal Marr from No medical life insurance for their support.