Setting Up Microsoft Surface Ergonomic Keyboard on Mac (Sierra)
- Microsoft Surface Keyboard For Mac Download
- Surface Keyboard For Ipad
- Use Microsoft Keyboard On Mac
- Microsoft Surface Ergonomic Keyboard Mac Driver
- Microsoft Surface Keyboard Mac Driver
I review The Surface Keyboard by Microsoft.Best Price on Surface Keyboard: ZOLLOTECH on Amazon: I.
MacOS now recoginizes the Surface Ergonomic Keyboard as a keyboard and you can remap the modifier keys by opening System Preferences > Keyboard > Modifier Keys and remapping the keys in the normal way.
OSX doesn’t recognize the Microsoft Surface Ergonomic Keyboard as a keyboard out of the box. It pairs, and you can type, but you can’t remap the command keys. As a Mac user that makes the keyboard pretty much unusable as I would be forever typing “ç√” (option-c option-v) instead of copying and pasting (⌘-c, ⌘-v).
Microsoft Surface Keyboard For Mac Download
Surface Keyboard For Ipad
This should also work on El Capitan.1
- Install Karabiner Elements - Karabiner Elements is the new version of the a key remapping tool Karabiner. It lets you intercept and remap keyboard input.
- Launch Karabiner Elements, open the Preferences, and go to the Devices tab and uncheck “Apple Internal Keyboard / Trackpad”. Otherwise, these instructions will also swap the keys on your built in keyboard.
- Switch to the 'Simple Modifications Keys' tab and swap both the left and right option keys with the command keys. The screenshot below shows the final state.
Use Microsoft Keyboard On Mac
- Close the preferences and test that everything is working as expected (⌘-c and ⌘-v to your heart’s content)
Microsoft Surface Ergonomic Keyboard Mac Driver
You can also follow my eariler instructions for using Karabiner—not Karabiner Elements—on El Capitan. ↩
Microsoft Surface Keyboard Mac Driver
- Agile With a Lowercase “a”
- ”Agile“ is an adjective. It is not a noun. It isn’t something you do, it is something you are.
- How Do You End Up With A Great Product A Year From Now?
- Nail the next two weeks. 26 times in a row.
- Build it Twice
- Resist the urge to abstract until you've learned what is general to a class of problems and what is specific to each problem.