We're here to help
- TradingView Desktop is even faster than your default browser. But you can still use both, and also our mobile apps. It's all the same, with 100% synced layouts, watchlists and settings. Download For Windows Download For macOS Download For Linux. For Windows For macOS For Linux.
- Mac App Store is the simplest way to find and download apps for your Mac. To download apps from the Mac App Store, you need a Mac with OS X 10.6.6 or later. Looking for music, movies, TV shows, and more? Try the iTunes Store.
- Click in the onscreen controls. Drag to select an area of the screen to record. To move the entire selection, drag from within the selection. To start recording, click Record in the onscreen controls. To stop recording, click in the menu bar. Or press Command-Control-Esc (Escape). Use the thumbnail to trim, share, save, or take other actions.
Choose a product and we'll guide you to the best solution.
On Yeelight's app, you'll find pre-installed color settings such as Sunrise, Sunset, Movie night, etc. The common lighting settings on the Yeelight app, such as on and off, can also be triggered by a push of a button or an iPhone 3D touch gesture from the app for quicker access. IFTTT: You can also connect Yeelight to IFTTT. Supported Platforms. You can create Desktop app for your favourite operating system. Desktop app is supported in Windows, Mac and Linux. Choose the OS you want to run your Desktop App.
Support by phone
You can talk to an Apple Advisor by calling the Apple Support phone number for your country or region.Find the number for your location
Online order status
Visit the Order Status page for information about an Apple Online Store order.Check your order status
Get support anywhere
Use the Apple Support app to find answers about your products, talk to an expert, or make a repair reservation.
Yeelight smart lights are really convenient when they work as they are supposed to, but sometimes they have connection issues that cause them to stop working. Some users have reported that when they try to use the Yeelight app, they get this message: “Connection Timed Out.” We have investigated this issue and have shared some troubleshooting tips below.
If you cannot control your Yeelight in the app because you get a “Connection Timed Out” message, there are several troubleshooting tips you can try. First, try resetting the light by switching it on and off again five times. Also, make sure you are using a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network.
Keep reading for more details about these troubleshooting tips, plus more advanced things to try if the above steps don’t fix the problem.
Yeelight Not Working: “Connection Timed Out”
Some users of Yeelight products have experienced an issue with the Yeelight app. They are unable to control their smart lights in the app or add new devices. When they try, they get an error message that reads “Connection Timed Out.”
This post will explain three main ways to solve this problem. They are:
- Resetting the light
- Changing your Wi-Fi router settings
- Updating the firmware
Resetting the Yeelight
Smart lights stop working sometimes, and resetting them is usually the quickest and easiest way to fix the problem.
To reset your Yeelight device, simply flip the power to the light on and off five times at one-second intervals; this will cause the light to disconnect from the app, so it will need to be re-added.
Here are the steps to re-add your Yeelight:
- Open the Yeelight app.
- Click on the Device button in the bottom-right corner.
- Select the + sign in the top-right corner.
- Choose the type of device you have from the list.
- Select your home’s 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network and enter your Wi-Fi password.
- Click the “Next Step” button.
- Go to your phone’s Wi-Fi settings.
- Select the network that starts with the name “yeelink-light…”
- Wait for the device to connect to your Wi-Fi network.
Internet Connection Problem
If this resetting process doesn’t work, there is likely an issue with your Internet or Wi-Fi connection.
Yeelight devices are not compatible with 5GHz Wi-Fi networks. Before adding your device in the app, ensure that your phone is connected to your home’s 2.4 GHz network. You may see the option for this network in your phone settings. If not, you will need to change it in your router’s settings. See your router’s manual for instructions on how to do this.
Also, Yeelight doesn’t support the use of special characters such as exclamation points or @ symbols. So, if you have any special characters in your Wi-Fi network’s name or password, you will need to remove them.
Yeelight periodically releases firmware updates for their devices. You can access the update in the menu of the Yeelight app. Click on the three lines menu icon and select “Firmware Update.”
If the MI ID number associated with your Yeelight account is more than 4294967295, you may have to use another account to perform the firmware update. Here are the steps to do so:
- Log out of your Yeelight account.
- Log in to the account: [email protected] with the password: yeelink1234.
- Add your Yeelight device to this account.
- Update the firmware.
- Delete the device from this account.
- Log out and log back into your own account.
- Reset the device and re-add it to your account.
Advanced Connection Time Out Troubleshooting
Some Yeelight users still get the “Connection Timed Out” error message even after resetting their light and ensuring their Wi-Fi network meets the requirements. In this case, more advanced methods are required.
Cortana Control Lights
Yeelight technical support recommends changing your router’s DNS settings. To do this, go to your router’s settings by typing the router’s IP address in your computer’s Internet browser. Log in to your router account. Then, follow the steps below:
- Uncheck the box that says, “Assign ISP DNS.”
- Change the DNS Server to 220.127.116.11.
- If there is a second DNS server, change it to 18.104.22.168.
While on your router’s settings management page, check to ensure that the router is not blocking access to the Yeelight device.
Lastly, Yeelight runs a forum that you can use to chat with technical support and other users. Use the forum to request additional help if needed.
Desktop App Store
A “Connection Timed Out” error message is a common problem with the Yeelight app. Thankfully, some basic steps usually solve the problem. You can reset your Yeelight by flipping the power on and off five times and re-adding the light in the app. If this doesn’t work, you may need to change some router settings or perform a firmware update.
It’s challenging to know which troubleshooting method will work for your particular device, so just try each one until you find a solution!